In compliance with UK & EU law for data protection & GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), The Durham Company Ltd and it’s trading style Max Recycle are committed to protecting your privacy.
Personal and/or business data
In order to successfully deliver our range of services, we may request certain detailed information when you engage with us or contract any of our services. The personal data we request may include:
- Contact Information: We may request your name, job title, business name, business address, personal address, home address, billing address, postal address, telephone number, fax number, mobile phone number and/or email address.
- Business Information: To successfully provide our services we may request additional contractual information. This may include information you provide to us voluntary such as payments, service preferences, instructions given, requests or similar business related information.
- Payment Information: In order to process payments we may request business or private financial information such as bank account and sort code numbers, credit and/or debit card numbers along with card holders name, start date, expiry and security codes, billing address, direct debit instructions and other billing related information. This information may also be used to protect against fraud and misuse of payment data.
- Service Information: Additional information relating to service preferences may be requested along with details of our contracted service while visiting your business premises, site or location. This information may include documented notes, photographic images, video and/or audio captured by our waste collection vehicle on board cameras.
- Legal Compliance: In order to comply with law, information regarding legal proceedings or litigation against or involving you or a third party may be requested if found relevant for antitrust or unfair business practice reasons.
- Additional Information: We may at times request data about you from public resources, databases, credit agencies, government agencies and/or other service providers.
Data is collected through various digital and physical methods, including when you or your business:
- Contact us to request a call, make and enquiry, browse our website, fill in one of our website forms, telephone, email or fax us.
- Speak to one of our sales representatives or engage with us to provide our services to you and/or your business.
- Contact a member of our sales team, accounts department or other member of staff via our website, telephone, fax or email.
- Have us attend your premises to provide our services to you and/or your business.
- Have our vehicles and employees attend and/or provide services at your premises, site or location.
We may also collect personal data from various other sources such as public resources, databases, credit agencies, government agencies or other service providers where necessary.
How we use your data
You are not required to provide us with your personal and/or business data, however withholding all or part of your personal data may prevent us from delivering our services to you. This is because certain personal, business & financial data is required to successfully deliver our services, process requests made with us, deal with enquiries or complaints, and contact you in relation to your contract or services with us.
If you choose to withhold information and we are unable to deliver our services to you, we will notify you accordingly to request permission to collect the required data from you.
The data we collect may be used for the following permitted purposes:
- Analysing and improving our services to you, including waste collection services, customer services, marketing communications and business communications.
- Administration of your businesses contracted services with us.
- Processing of financial transactions, payments, accounting, billing, collection, auditing and other financial related services.
- Processing and delivering our services to you in line with your requests or contracted services.
- Correctly identifying persons or businesses authorised to trade in behalf of customers or suppliers.
- Compliance with UK & EU legal and regulatory bodies, including reporting and auditing by these bodies.
- Compliance with UK & EU law, as well as legal obligations as a business.
- Checking or confirming your personal and/or business identity in order to comply with screening or recording of data, and to protect against fraud, money laundering, crime or other illegal activities.
- Compliance with our terms and conditions, policies and business standards.
- For the protection of our employees, property, IT, facilities, vehicles and other related equipment.
- For detecting and preventing security breaches, threats, criminal and illegal activities, malicious activities, fraud and theft.
- Responding to and investigating complaints made against us, including compliance with court orders and the right to exercise and/or defend our legal rights.
- Dealing with insurance claims made against us or made by us, by supplying that information to our insurers, claim handlers, loss adjusters and/or legal advisers.
- Any other purpose related to why your data was originally provided to us.
Legal use of personal and/or business data
In line with the above permitted purposes for using your data, data may be used to comply with our legal obligations such as accounting, tax purposes, record keeping or other legal requirements. We may process your data to legally fulfil our contracted services with you and/or your business. Legal use of your data may also include processing data for third party recipients where it is necessary to provide them with your data, provided use of your data is not overridden by your expressed consent, interests, rights and freedoms.
Your data is retained by us for as long as it is required to fulfil our contract with you, as well as to create a record of past contracts or financial transactions with you and/or your business. Your data will be deleted from our records when you request us to do so, when it is no longer required or when we are no longer legally required to keep such data. In the event of a legal issue such as an insurance claim or complaint, we will retain your data until we are confident the issue has been successfully resolved or settled and data is no longer required.
We use your data in line with the purpose of why you provided your personal data to us. We only send marketing communications where you have expressly opted-in or given consent to receiving such communications through the channels you accept to receive them by.
These communications may include: customer surveys, questionnaires, market analysis, digital or physical marketing campaigns, competitions, contests or promotional projects, events and exhibitions.
We may also use your data to provide communications tailored to your interests or preferences, creating a user profile of you and/or your business solely for the purpose of marketing.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving any marketing communications from us. You can contact us at any time to opt-out of our communications if you do not want to receive further marketing related communications from us.
Your privacy is very important to us and we take appropriate precautions to prevent your data from misuse or theft. All data is processed confidentially and securely in line with our internal data procedures. These procedures include the storage, disclosure of and access to personal data both digital (e.g. IT and other technological systems) and physical (e.g. contracts or printed paper files).
We do not automatically share your data with third parties unless we are required to do so legally or have your expressed consent to do so. Circumstances for sharing your data may include:
- Legal requirements such as sharing information at the request of regulatory bodies, legal advisers, courts of law, law enforcement authorities or government agencies. Reasons for disclosure may include the purposes of an alternative dispute resolution (ADR), or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal or equitable claims.
- Sharing your information confidentially within our own business for the purpose of providing our services to you, fulfilling our contract with you, for accounting, billing or other administrative purposes.
- Disclosure of data collected while providing our services to you for the purpose of successfully providing those services.
- Disclosing data to third parties to whom we allocate, assign, designate or replace any of our rights or obligations.
- For requesting third party companies to assist in detecting and preventing security breaches, threats, criminal and illegal activities, malicious activities, fraud and theft.
- To instruct third party service providers, both domestic & foreign, to process your personal and/or business data on our behalf in accordance with our guidelines and your expressed consent. In all such events, we will remain fully responsible for your data and we will ensure data is securely transferred with appropriate safeguards for the protection and integrity of your personal and/or business data.
- Improving our services by disclosing data to third parties for the purpose of collecting relevant feedback for our provided services.
Data may also be shared in line with your expressed consent, permission or direction to do so, or where we are legally required by law, regulations, judicial, or official requests, and/or as required for investigating fraudulent or criminal activities.
Your right to request copy of, deletion of, or amendments to your data
You are free to request a copy of your data which we hold about you, to update the information we hold or to restrict or object to how we use your personal and/or business data.
To request a copy of the data we hold, please send us an email detailing your request to email@example.com. Once we have verified your identity in accordance with how we use your data, we will provide you with a copy of any data we have regarding you and/or your business.
You can request your data be deleted at any time by contacting us at the address below or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing your request.
<p”>Certain contractual terms and conditions may have to be took into consideration before deleting you from our records to avoid loss or service or breach of contract. Once we receive your request, we will contact you to confirm your data will be deleted from our systems.
Any email newsletter and digital marketing materials we may send out have the option within each item to ‘opt out’ or ‘unsubscribe’. You are free to unsubscribe at any time, after which you will no longer receive any marketing materials from us. To start receiving marketing materials again, you will need to opt-in or re-submit your details to us.
If you require your data to be updated, please send us an email detailing your request to email@example.com. Once we have verified your identity in accordance with how we use your data, we will update our records in line with the details you provide for you and/or your business. We will not be held responsible for any losses as a result of incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete or deficient data which is provided to us by you or your business.
Website data privacy
We are responsible for the personal data you provide us. We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our website(s) and will protect that information provided to us from misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or alteration.
In order to successfully deliver our range of services to you, we may request certain detailed information during your visit to our website.
The information you provide through our web site can be used in the following ways:
- So that we can get in touch with you.
- To keep you updated about our services.
- To disclose any information to authorities if required by law.
- To successfully deliver our services or products to you, your company and/or organisation.
Any information that we collect from you, your business and/or organisation will not be passed to any third party without your expressed consent, other than those listed above or when we are legally required to do so. We do not collect sensitive data relating to your race, sexual orientation, religious or political interests. If any data breach is experienced we will notify you immediately.
We only collect relevant data for contacting you with marketing communications (if opted-in) and/or for replying to contact requests. You have the right at any time to request from us what information is held about you, with the option to correct or update any inaccuracies.
We protect all data stored on our website in strict accordance with current EU data protection directives. Any private, personal or contact detail information you provide to us is held on secure computer servers within the United Kingdom using SSL encryption, which ensures the data we store is processed lawfully and fairly.
Website contact requests & request a call
When using our form to request for us to contact you, your data will only be used to contact you via your preferred contact method. This data is kept private and is only used in relation to your contact request, we do not pass on your data to any third party. Your data will be held indefinitely or until you request us to delete your data from our systems. By filling in our contact form and clicking submit, you are providing consent for us to store and use your data in line with your contact request.
Website cookies data
Website analytics data
Our website uses Google Analytics to track and collect basic data relating to website visitors. This data does not collect your personal information. Data collected comprises of which pages you visit, how many times you visit our website, the location of your internet provider (via IP address), internet traffic source (where you visited us from, i.e. direct or through a referral), type of device (desktop, mobile etc), as well as any data you have already agreed to Google collecting via your account(s) with them.
Any email address you supply to us is only used for the purposes of replying to you, unless you have given consent to being added to our newsletter or mailing list for marketing communications, or any other purpose you have expressly consented to.
Links to other websites
Need more Information?
Sedgeletch Industrial Estate
Tyne & Wear
T: 0845 026 0026
F: 0845 026 0025